111 South Central Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530

View Reviews | View Reliability Report

0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

Buying a used car

Date: 12/13/2018 9:26 AM (PST)

When you buy a used car from a socall great dealer like Central Avenue Hyundai do you have to give them permission to check your credit and do they have to ask you for income verification cause I was never asked and they just asked me for 500dr down plus my old car and I know my credit was not so good. I think they just wanted to sell this car they didn't even check to see if it was self to drive or they did was wash it. So please don't buy from this dealer. What could I do.

Responses: 1

1 Review
690 Answers


Send Message

Date: 12/13/2018 2:24 PM (PST)

Hello Angel. Thank you for contacting Business Consumer Alliance (BCA). I do want to let you know that we have received your complaint against Central Avenue Hyundai and it is currently being processed. You will be receiving an email from us shortly that contains your complaint ID number.

From your complaint, I see that the dealership is located in New York. Because Lemon Laws differ state to state, I recommend checking with your state Attorney General to understand just how the used car lemon law works in your state.

Per the New York AG’s office, NY Used Car Lemon Law requires dealers to give consumers a written warranty. Under this warranty, dealers must repair, free of charge, any defect in covered parts. If the dealer is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts, the consumer is entitled to a full refund.

It is always recommended to report any problem or defect of a covered part to the dealer for repair. Keep careful records of all complaints and copies of work orders, repair bills and all communication between you and the dealer.

To read more about New York’s Used Car Lemon Law, click here:

Angel, in addition to the complaint you filed with our office, I would recommend you file a complaint with the NY Attorney General’s office as well:

I hope you find this information helpful. Please contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.