0 Reviews
1 Answer

Send Message


Date: 9/23/2018 9:34 AM (PST)

I have a neighbor who is a nuisance to me. I've talked to my landlord continually about this matter since last yr and nothing is being done about it. She has a child who runs over our heads night and day. Sex acts are performed from 11 pm until 4 or 6 am preventing us from sleeping and she smokes marijuana so much it stinks up my house. Ive called the police and they can't do anything unless it becomes violent. I'm very tired of this.

Responses: 2

1 Review
543 Answers


Send Message

Date: 9/24/2018 11:28 AM (PST)

Hello Deena. I’m so sorry to hear of your frustration with your current living situation. Normally, in situations like yours, BCA would recommend contacting the apartment manager to complaint about the noise coming from the tenant above you. However, from your post, you indicate that you have already done this as well as contacting the police.

I believe your next step would be to contact the HUD office in your state of Kentucky, to find out what the tenant rights are in Kentucky. Before contacting them, I recommend reading your rental agreement carefully, and pay particularly close attention to the section that addresses tenant responsibility, misconduct, and/or behavior. To contact the HUD office in Kentucky, click on this link:

Upon my research, I see that you also filed a complaint with our office. Within the next 24-48 hours you will receive an email confirmation from us that contains your complaint ID number. Your complaint allegations and proposed resolution will be presented to the company, and as soon as we receive a reply you will be contacted. Keep in mind that further action on your part may be necessary, so please contact the HUD office in Kentucky for further advice.

I can be reached directly at if you have additional questions or concerns.

Did this help you? (1) (0)
0 Reviews
1 Answer

Send Message

Date: 10/8/2018 3:59 AM (PST)

I'm so glad that you helped. Thank you.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.