Category: Business

Tags: wage dispute, wages, payment

0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

Remodeling company owes me money.

Date: 3/26/2018 12:21 PM (PST)

I did a few jobs for a remodeling company and they have not paid me in full. It's been over a month an a half since they last gave me a check for the work I've done for them. They keep giving me the run around continue to tell me next week next week and still no check. I'm owed over $10,000. what's the best option for me to get my money?

Responses: 1

1 Review
596 Answers


Send Message

Date: 3/26/2018 3:10 PM (PST)

Thank you Francisco for your question. Have you had a chance to read your contract? Payments must be made in accordance with contract terms. Per my research, a prime contractor shall pay the subcontractor payment no later than 10 days unless otherwise agreed to in writing. If the contractor does not abide, then the subcontractor should consult with an attorney to discuss all available legal remedies to collect payment, which could include filing a Mechanic’s Lien. Additional factors may be considered depending on the issues involved. I suggest searching for an attorney that is familiar with contract agreements, specifically those between a direct contractor and sub-contractor and/or independent contractor. The Contractor’s State License Board should also be contacted.

Francisco, file a complaint with BCA. We’ll contact the company on your behalf and see if we can assist you. Filing a complaint with BCA is simple, fast and FREE:

Please contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.