0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

Shoddy work

Date: 11/27/2018 12:17 PM (PST)

I had want damage in the front of my house. Ins paid $10,000 & we paid another 17,000 towards repairs took 4mths. House is leaking bad & the work is horrible. What are my rights? I have before, during & after photos signed contract. Also, payed one guys ins & unemployment benefits?

Responses: 1

1 Review
711 Answers


Send Message

Date: 11/27/2018 2:26 PM (PST)

Hello Denise. I’m so sorry to hear of the situation you are in. Do you happen to know if the work was done by a registered Home Improvement Contractor (HIC)? The Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation keeps record of registered contractors in their state and also accepts complaints against a home improvement contractor. To check a contractor’s registration, click here: and to file a complaint, click here: Per Mass. Consumer Affairs, homeowners are encouraged to file a complaint with the Office against the contractor, even if the contractor is not registered.
If you have additional questions, their consumer hotline number is 617-973-8787 and their toll-free number is 888-283-3757.

You can also file a complaint with Business Consumer Alliance (BCA). We’re happy to contact the contractor on your behalf, present the allegations in your complaint and your proposed resolution. As soon as we receive a response, you will be contacted. Further action may be necessary, but at the very least, the complaint is recorded in our system for three years. Filing a complaint with BCA is quick, simple and FREE:

Denise, I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.