Find a reputable business?

What's on your mind? We're here to help you

0 Reviews

1 Answers

Fraudulent use of debit card

Date: 2/11/2020 8:28 PM (PST)

A few months ago a man took my debit card and my partners debit card withdrew all the money we had. I called direct express the government debit card and reported it also reported to police my partner got 10 Of his money back but nobody seemed to want anything done about mine?

Category: Misc

Responses: 2

1 Reviews

847 Answers


Date: 2/12/2020 10:29 AM (PST)

Good Morning Gina. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Unfortunately, credit card and debit card fraud is an ever growing problem. The first thing you should do is notify your bank of the fraud. Call the 800 number on the back of your card or on your billing statement or you can go online to look for a number or email address where you can report and dispute an unauthorized charge. It is very important that you have the date of the transaction and the amount. Always keep a record of when you called and whom you spoke with. Take note of any claim number you are given.

Per their website, any questions about your Direct Express card should be directed to their Customer Service Department by calling the toll free number on the back of your card. This same procedure is to be followed to report lost or stolen cards or fraud activity.

The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA) and the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) offer protection if your credit, ATM, or debit cards are lost or stolen. If you report an ATM or debit card missing before someone uses it, the EFTA says you are not responsible for any unauthorized transactions. If someone uses your ATM or debit card before you report it lost or stolen, your liability depends on how quickly you report it.

• If you report before any unauthorized charges are made, your maximum loss is $0
• If you report within 2 business days after you learn about the loss or theft, your loss is $50
• If you report more than 2 business days after you learn about the loss or theft, but less than 60 calendar days after your statement is sent to you, your loss is $500
• If you report more than 60 calendar days after your statement is sent to you, your loss is all the money taken from your ATM/debit card account and possibly more

Gina, I recommend that you reach out to the Federal Reserve Consumer Help. They offer assistance to consumers having a problem with a bank or other financial institution.
They can be reached toll free at 888-851-1920.
Their website is

I hope this information is helpful. I can be reached directly at if you have additional questions or concerns.

0 Reviews

1 Answers

Date: 2/12/2020 11:05 PM (PST)

Yes but I've done all this months ago. I've ask for print ours of the day this happened. But I've yet to receive any of this day. But I've received the months after . The police didn't listen to me either. They had me right out a statement but they interviewed my partner. When the person was arrested only my partner received paper work about the court and charges about the thief

What do you think?