0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

House abandonment

Date: 12/6/2018 10:56 AM (PST)

If my husband and I own a house but decide to get a divorce but want to keep the house in both our names and my husband wanted to continue living there but I leave would I be concidered abandoning my home?

Responses: 1

1 Review
663 Answers


Send Message

Date: 12/6/2018 2:54 PM (PST)

Hello Bonnie. I appreciate you contacting BCA. The best answer I could give you is to consult with an attorney. I’m thinking the arrangement with your husband should be put in writing, and an attorney would be able to draft that for you as well. A divorce attorney is familiar with Pennsylvania statutes and guidelines.

Contacting an attorney is the wise thing to do here, because you want to be protected, and you want to know that by moving out of the home, you’re not unknowingly abandoning your home, or in any way jeopardizing your shared ownership of the property. A legal agreement drafted by an attorney is for your husband’s protection as well.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.