Find a reputable business?

What's on your mind? We're here to help you

0 Reviews

0 Answers

being threatened

Date: 7/20/2022 6:46 AM (PST)

can a home warranty company refuse to let you cancel even if you gave written notice as the cancellation policy said to before thirty days then they tell me they wont release my refund unless I remove the bad review I gave them they have done all that they can to delay refunding this money this started on January 10 2022 and im still waiting for this refund every time i call they have another excuse why they are holding up my refund even lying and saying they dont have my money i did a chargeback but the bank made it for the wrong amount they said if i canceled the chargeback i would get my refund i did and that didn't make any difference i have documented texts email and recorded phone calls on which they lie on each call about where my money is 7 months is way beyond what it should've been to take care of this situation i called and checked the ststus of my policy they say its active and i can make any claims i need to well if its active that means its been paid for if they don't have my money how was it paid for

Category: Services

Responses: 1

1 Reviews

952 Answers


Date: 7/20/2022 1:39 PM (PST)

Stacie, thank you for your email. I’m sorry to hear of the cancellation and refund issues your experiencing with your home warranty company. To begin, consumers do have the right to complain about a company’s products or services. Asking a customer to remove a review or complaint should never be a requisite to obtain a refund.

I don’t know what the company’s terms and conditions are regarding their cancellation and refund procedures, but I encourage you to look over your contract and the company’s website for the section that addresses these policies. Keep record of every communication made to them and from them including emails, texts, letters, etc. Before filing a complaint or negative review, consumers should always contact the company first and make them aware of your dissatisfaction and the remedy you’re seeking. At this time allow the company a reasonable amount of time to address your concerns. From your post, I believe ample time was given to the company; possibly too much time.

I believe filing a formal complaint is your next step. We offer a complaint mediation service. We’re happy to contact the company on your behalf and present the complaint and the resolution you’re seeking. If at the end of our complaint process, the company fails to respond or address the complaint accordingly, then escalating the complaint to a higher authority such as a government agency would be the next step. To file a complaint with BCA, click here:

Stacie, I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at if you have additional questions or concerns.

What do you think?