0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

Hurt at work

Date: 7/12/2018 12:24 AM (PST)

Got my hand ran over at work by now employee but the owner is trying to deny it never rode up the incident or ask me for medical attention now fired me and Main Headquarters ignoring my phone calls

Responses: 1

1 Review
620 Answers


Send Message

Date: 7/12/2018 8:54 AM (PST)

James, thank you for contacting BCA. I did some research and it’s illegal for your employer to punish you or fire you for having a job injury. If you have a work-related injury or illness, your employer is required by law to pay for workers’ compensation benefits. There is assistance available. I recommend you contact the California Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) . The DWC has a full page of information available on how to proceed if you were injured at work: I am also including a link to the DWC’s FAQ page that has answers to frequently asked questions about workers’ compensation for employees:

The DWC should be contacted immediately. I strongly recommend contacting the DWC as soon as possible. Please contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.