Liven up your holiday festivities with these libations. We have included both alcoholic and non-alcoholic suggestions to please everyone in attendance. Share your creations with us. Business Consumer Alliance wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.
Italian Eggnog Martini
1 oz. (30ml) amaretto
1 oz. (30ml) vanilla vodka
2 oz. (60ml) eggnog (can use store bought)
candy cane and cinnamon stick for garnish
1. Coat the inside of one small plate with caramel syrup and place brown sugar and a few sprinkles of nutmeg in another small plate. Dip the rim of a martini glass in the caramel syrup first followed by the brown sugar mixture and spin until the whole
rim is coated. Place the glass in the freezer.
2. In a shaker with ice, add the eggnog, vodka, amaretto and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Shake for a minute.
3. Remove glass from freezer. Place one maraschino cherry in the bottom of the glass.
4. Pour mix from shaker into glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with a candy cane and cinnamon.
4 cups ice cubes
1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
? cup blue curacao
? cup light rum
? cup cream of coconut
4 slices pineapple
For coconut rim:
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon water
1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1. In a blender, combine and mix all of the ingredients together until slushy.
2. Serve in coconut flaked rim glass (instructions below)
To make coconut rim:
1. Combine the powdered sugar and water.
2. Place the mixture on a plate and roll the outside of the rim of the glass in the sugar mixture.
3. Take the sugar rimmed glass and press a handful of coconut to the rim.
(Note: The coconut rim can be made days ahead. Once the coconut and icing dries it is set)
Champagne Holiday Punch
1 cup water
? cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves
2 cups cranberry juice
? cup pineapple juice
1 bottle champagne
small amount of Grand Marnier (or any orange liqueur you prefer)
1. In a saucepan, bring water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Discard cinnamon and cloves. Cool to room temperature and pour into a large pitcher.
2. Add cranberry juice and pineapple juice. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
3. At serving time, add 1 bottle of chilled champagne.
Christmas Tree Cocktail
3 oz pomegranate juice (or cranberry)
2 oz gin
1 oz simple syrup
lime juice (juice from 1-2 wedges will do)
a few fresh mint leaves
Pomegranate seeds & lime wheel for garnish
1. Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup at the bottom of your glass.
2. Add ice, then add gin, juice, and lime juice.
3. Stir, and garnish as pictured above.
North Pole Strawberry Smoothie
1 package (10 ounces) frozen strawberries in syrup, partially thawed and undrained
? cup water
2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
2 tablespoons vanilla reduced-fat yogurt
1 strawberry-flavored or peppermint candy cane, about 6 inches long, finely crushed
green decorating gel
1. Place strawberries and water in blender. Cover and blend on medium-high speed until slushy. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to 2-cup measure.
2. Wash and dry blender. Place frozen yogurt and reduced-fat yogurt in blender. Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth.
3. Place crushed candy cane on small plate. Pipe decorating gel around rim of two 12-ounce glasses. Dip rims into crushed candy.
4. Carefully pour yogurt mixture and strawberries at the same time into glasses, creating a half-and-half design. Serve with large drinking straws if desired.
Apple Ginger Sparklers
1/4 cup Ginger Syrup
4 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider
6 cinnamon sticks
6 pieces crystallized ginger
1. Place 2 tablespoons ginger syrup in each of six glasses.
2. Fill glasses with ice cubes, pour in cider, and stir to combine.
3. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh ginger, and serve.
About Business Consumer Alliance:
Business Consumer Alliance (BCA) is a non-profit which started in 1936. The broad purpose of BCA is to promote business self regulation. BCA's mission is achieved by assisting consumers in resolving complaints with businesses and using that complaint
information along with other relevant information like customer reviews to forecast business reliability. With community support, BCA can identify trustworthy and ethical businesses and warn the public to avoid unscrupulous businesses whose purpose is to defraud
the marketplace. BCA obtains its funding from member businesses who support the mission and purpose of the organization and who agree to abide by high standards of ethical business practices.