0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

auto repair ripoff

Date: 3/28/2019 8:14 PM (PST)

shop replaced catalytic converter,what should i have gotten paper work wise (warranty) apon completion of the job.
my 1999 Crown Victoria detonated a spark plug, i took the car to the Meineke car care center # 2192 they proceed to re-tap heli coil spark plug tube recommended replace ignition coil adjustments as required. inspect balance of ignition system and related components. $360.88
2 hours later the shop called me and recommended replacing downstream cat for a total of 751.79 which i authorized
now 30 days latter the car is running worse than before, i took the car back to the shop and told the guy that i felt he should fix the car under the warranty because what ever he did didn't fix anything. the shop then told me that they stoped making the cats for my car and that it is basically a terminal or fatal condition and not his problem. what are my missing hear???? 30 days ago he was able to get the parts just fine?? my question is what do i do now?? i feel that im being riped off and need to know how to protect my self any help in this matter will be greatly appricated and my thanks for your time.

Responses: 1

1 Review
690 Answers


Send Message

Date: 3/29/2019 9:57 AM (PST)

Good Morning Robert. I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re experiencing with your vehicle and the repair shop. The first thing you should do is file a complaint. We’re happy to contact the repair shop on your behalf. We’ll present the allegations in your complaint and your proposed resolution. As soon as we hear back from the business, you will be contacted. Our entire complaint process can take 30 days. Further action on your part may be necessary, but filing a complaint is a good first step. To file a complaint with Business Consumer Alliance (BCA) please click here:

Robert, I am also including a link to our Resource Guide on Automotive Repair and Your Rights. The guide pertains to California Law and contains information and tips that the average consumer may not be aware of:

I would also like to share with you, in case you are not aware, automotive repair shops are regulated here in California by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR). They also accept complaints. Their toll free number is (800) 952-5210.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.