Category: Business

Tags: paycheck, wages, employer dispute

0 Reviews
0 Answers

Send Message

Employee paychecks and employer harassment

Date: 9/19/2018 5:49 PM (PST)

My son works for a company that twice this summer has paid them after their pay date. The first time was five day after the pay date because the owner was out of town. The owner told them to not spend all there money because they were going to be paid a week late. The second was because of Labor Day. They paid them the day after. Recently one of the mangers has started referring to my son as Hillbilly. He has said this to him multiple times in front of other people. The manger is a different nationality from my son. This manger is also the owners nephew. My son like his job but I feel the things they are doing are illegal and racially profiling. I want to report this business but would like to do it anonymously. I'm worried my son will lose his job and also my daughter who works there as well. I guess my questions would be how to go about reporting them, can I do it anonymously, and what would be the consequences for this business?

Responses: 1

1 Review
663 Answers


Send Message

Date: 9/20/2018 9:21 AM (PST)

Good Morning Molly. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear of your son and daughter's experience with their employer. There are laws to protect workers from this kind of work environment. I recommend your son and daughter contact the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Employment Relations: The Bureau's FAQ page provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and also provided information on their complaint process. If you prefer to speak with someone from the Bureau they can be reached by phone at 313-456-3510, M-F, 8am-5pm, EST.

Molly, I hope this information is helpful and I hope that your son and daughter find the help they are looking for.

Please contact me directly at if I can be of further assistance.

Did this help you? (0) (0)

What do you think?

You must register or log in before you can contribute on Ask The Experts.